"Show me Your strong love in wonderful ways, O Savior of all those seeking Your help against their foes. Protect me as You would the pupil of Your eye; hide me in the shadow of Your wings as You hover over me." Psalm 17:7-8

Monday, December 6, 2010

My Grandchild's Heart Has Begun to Beat!!

"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body, and knit them together in my mother's womb.  Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!  It is amazing to think about."  Psalm 139:13-14

I have pictured the Lord at work with a pair of golden knitting needles.  The needles are moving swiftly, and yet precisely as He knits together a sweet little one in my daughter's womb.  At the same time I've pictured myself in the Lord's hands, wet clay in the shape of a crude pitcher.  He is presently working to fashion a spout to fit me for His use in pouring love into a new grandbaby!!

Thought you might like to join me in considering His artistry in the crafting of a human being made in His image.  A few details of what is occurring in the Lord's studio: 

Baby's Growth and Development at 5 Weeks Pregnant

After weeks of rapid cell development, your baby takes on a more distinct form. During the fifth week of pregnancy, here's what's happening inside:
  • Her heart and circulatory system take shape — a bulge indicates where your baby's heart is developing. By the end of the 5th week of pregnancy, your baby's earliest blood vessels form.
  • Around the 5th week of pregnancy, your baby's heart begins to beat and may be visible on an ultrasound.
  • The umbilical cord replaces the yolk sac. The umbilical cord works with the placenta to bring nutrition and oxygen to your baby and remove waste.
  • At 5 weeks pregnant, your baby is the length of the tip of a pen, about 1/17 inches, and growing rapidly every day.
Taken from:
http://similac.com/pregnancy/5-weeks-pregnant-baby-growth-development

GOD, YOU'RE AMAZING!!!!

Rest in the shadow, Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment