"Show me Your strong love in wonderful ways, O Savior of all those seeking Your help against their foes. Protect me as You would the pupil of Your eye; hide me in the shadow of Your wings as You hover over me." Psalm 17:7-8

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Truth In Place of Lies

The following are a few truths God spoke to me when I needed most to hear them again from His lips:
* I love you, Terry.  My love is not performance based.  It never has been nor will be.
* I grieve when you struggle.  I long for you to draw near to me, to permit Me to comfort you like a mother her hurting child.
* My patience is infinite.  I also know end from beginning.  I complete what I begin in my sons and daughters.  I don't employ the methods of man, ie.,  emotional manipulation, control, blackmail.  My methods are love, peace, quiet wooing (not the "silent treatment"), allowing room for response from your heart, not robotic behavior which I of My own will generate.  I allow free will -- it is a mystery.  But in that space, I wait, ever hopeful, smiling -- secure in Our relationship.  I don't vacillate with your inconsistency. You do not have to play games, Terry, trying so hard to make up for failure in your strength, for it leads you to feel I'm impossible to please, a tough taskmaster.  This is so far from the truth.  I'm PERFECT PAPA, remember!!



Enjoying Truth in the Shadow,
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment