"Show me Your strong love in wonderful ways, O Savior of all those seeking Your help against their foes. Protect me as You would the pupil of Your eye; hide me in the shadow of Your wings as You hover over me." Psalm 17:7-8

Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Mighty Fortress Is Our God

A Mighty Fortress Is Our God, A Bulwark Never Failing

Lord, how I love You!  For you have done such tremendous things for me.

The Lord is my fort where I can enter and be safe; no one can follow me in and slay me.  He is a rugged mountain where I hide; He is my Savior, a rock where none can reach me, and a tower of safety.  He is my shield.  He is like the strong horn of a mighty fighting bull.  All I need to do is cry to Him – oh, praise the Lord—and I am saved from all my enemies!

Death bound me with chains, and the floods of ungodliness mounted a massive attack against me.  Trapped and helpless I struggled against the ropes that drew me on to death.

In my distress I screamed to the Lord for His help.  And He heard me from heaven,  my cry reached His ears.  Then the earth rocked and reeled, and mountains shook and trembled.  How they quaked!  For He was angry.  Fierce flames leaped from His mouth, setting fire to the earth; smoke blew from His nostrils.  He bent the heavens down and came to my defense, thick darkness was beneath His feet.  Mounted on the cherubim, He sped swiftly to my aid with the wings of wind.  He enshrouded Himself with darkness, veiling His approach with dense clouds dark as murky waters.  Suddenly the brilliance of His presence broke through the clouds with lightning and a mighty storm of hail…

He reached down from heaven and took me and drew me out of my great trials.  He rescued me from deep waters.  He delivered me from my strong enemy, from those who hated me – I who was helpless in their hands. 

On the day when I was weakest, they attacked.  But the Lord held me steady.  He led me to a place of safety, for He delights in me.  (Psalm 18:1-12, 16-19)

Safe in the Shadow of My Defender,
Terry
For more spiritual refreshment visit Spiritual Sundays at http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Dear Terry,

    I'm so pleased to have visited here today.

    "Safe in The Shadow" I love that! God is good... And all the time.

    Yay! we will lift our hands and Praise the Lord for His endless love, care and protection!

    I read your profile, thank you for sharing such an incredible testimony! Your faithful journey has deeply touched my heart.

    I hope you don't mind me adding myself to your follow's list.

    May the week ahead be filled with God's blessings for you and your loved ones Terry.

    With love and care from Kerrie. xOx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This translation really makes the scripture clear. Thank you for sharing it with us.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete