"Show me Your strong love in wonderful ways, O Savior of all those seeking Your help against their foes. Protect me as You would the pupil of Your eye; hide me in the shadow of Your wings as You hover over me." Psalm 17:7-8

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Kingdom Cultivation



 

Compelled to seek beauty this evening, I closed the laptop and headed for the lake.  Thought I might scout for driftwood to use in creating a Mason jar chandelier for my daughter’s upcoming wedding.  Stepping carefully over waterlogged giants, I listened as acorns dropped and a heron took wing.  Trunks and limbs embraced in death on the small stretch of beach.  Meanwhile, I planted live oak seeds with my wandering feet amid pebbles.  Daily I deal with death and new life up from graves.  The new life is at times difficult to see – like the acorns forced into soil by my meandering feet.  But, faith sees beyond decaying shells, ragged tents, and sealed tombs!!

Refresh My Perspective, Lord Jesus

Child of God and Kingdom Priest
Admittedly, perspective must be refreshed daily, else my heart recoil from seeing life ebb away, and bodies waste.  There are times when my eyes search desperate for heaven’s beauty now!!  When impatiently, I yearn for visual rest, and welcome the sight of cherub faced grandchildren, simple scenes, handcrafted things.  None of which, precious as they may be, can replace gazing upon the beauty of the Lord.  Only then, in the light of His glory and grace, do things of earth grow strangely dim, including suffering, whether personal or observed.  When I look into His eyes of love, I comprehend all suffering known to man is light and momentary, not to be compared with the glory of heaven!!  My thinking realigns with eternity and His life swells inside me like water turned to wine to gladden the hearts of others.   

God does not plant carelessly, randomly forcing me into hardened earth to produce a crop, like I drove acorns into the beach.  Rather He applies just enough pressure to achieve the depth desired.  This He delivers in the form of a Prodigal Father’s embrace, a tight hug, drawing me into deeper fellowship than ever before!!


The Scripture teaches that by His stripes we are healed.  This comes to mind every time I pass the “clawed fields” on my route, row upon row cut, prepared, waiting to receive seed.  In the same way, Christ became The Firstborn of many brethren, firstfruits of the resurrection.  IN Him we were buried and raised to walk in newness of life – Kingdom life.  Should I not therefore accept cultivation?  Accept plowing and pruning necessary to producing a harvest in and through me?

Moroccan Light on My Life's Path

Lamp Unto My Feet: Glory Shine of World Mandate 2012


Living as a Planting of the Lord in His Shadow,
Terry
 

No comments:

Post a Comment